03 November 2012

HAIR CARE

*Please note that these products may not be the best choice for your hair*

As Promised....Ever since starting the blog, my hair seemed to get as much attention as my clothes.
Being genetically blessed with a large mane (muchas gracias padre), I never over thought the 
importance of hair care and tend to be the queen of out-of-bed hair monday-friday. 
But on the contrary, I do realize the importance of quality products and the mandatory visit
to the salon. So, in order to cure some people's curiosity, I took a trip to my hairdresser yesterday
and here are a few important points we came up with that you should definitely know:

-The greasiness of your hair depends on how often you wash it.
(I wash mine every 2 days or so)
And when you don't wash it, use dry shampoo! It works miracles!
Not only does it rid you of excess oil and dirt, but creates volume!

-Always buy products that are specified for your hair type! 
Just because it works for someone else, it won't necessarily 
work for you! If you have trouble deciding, visit your hairdresser
for some guidance.

- Get a trim every 2-3 months! This is mandatory unless you like pieces
of your hair breaking off and then having to cut 10cm instead of 2!

-When blow drying, use some heat protecting spray and always do it 
with a big round brush

- Never Ever dye your hair at home!!! And definitely don't ombre
your hair based on a youtube video! You'll just end up ruining it 
and spending even more as you'll have to go and get it fixed 
at a professional salon later!

- Clean your brushes clean! Excess dirt doesn't do you good! 
(I prefer Kent brushes)


 Fekkai Full Blown Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
Fekkai Essential Shea cream
L'Oreal Mythic Oil - dab on to the ends when wet, then comb through
Oscar Baldi Dry Shampoo
Fekkai Shea Essential- put a little on after your hair is dry and comb
through your hair for extra shine (and a great scent)

Pantene Strength&Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

I like to switch up my shampoo and conditioners, it tends to keep my 
hair fresh and it doesn't get used to one type of product.



Yesterday

My Choices: Saco Hair
-Where I visit Szandi! 

If you have any questions you can also ask her on formspring, here:

Hope this helps! 


No comments:

Post a Comment